Sunday, February 12, 2012

I just discovered Nutella - somebody help me

I don't know why, but I seem to be the last person in the world to discover the deliciousness of Nutella. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've heard of it, but for some strange reason, I shied away from it, thinking it wouldn't be something I would like. 


Boy. Was. I. WRONG. 

Now, I can only handle a little bit of it at a time (I'm the same way with chocolate, I do not consume it in copious amounts. In fact, I just finished a bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate kisses I got last year, for Valentine's day. That I often shared with my coworkers, multiple kisses at a time...)but still, the combo of the hazelnut and chocolate, wow. So good. One spoonful is all it takes to make this girl happy. 

Well, I had an unopened bottle of Nutella from Costo, leftover from a college lunch earlier this year. So I decided to find create ways to get rid of it. After a friend made no-bake cookies, I thought, the only thing that would make no-bake cookies even better...NUTELLA. So I found a recipe online and went to work. 

How could you go wrong with these ingredients?


Melt the butter with the sugar and cocoa powder. 

Scoop out a heaping scoop of Nutella (I might try half Nutella, half PB next time...)

Mix it all together.  

Until it starts to boil. 

 Right after it its boiling, add the rolled oats. 

Spoon globs onto wax paper. 

And wait for them to cool (the hard part). 

If you don't wait for them to cool, they fall apart. But they still taste great. I like to store them in the fridge so they don't fall apart. And am TOTALLY okay with eating them for breakfast, I mean, it's got oats, so its BASICALLY the same thing as oatmeal...I could probably eat these all day every day. But I won't. Instead I'll bring them into work and let GK and my other coworkers destroy them for me. 

Another great thing to do with Nutella? And something that has also been a huge hit with the coworkers? Nutella and Sea Salt Stuffed Sugar Cookies. And yes, they are as good as they sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment