I've got quite a few things to share. But first, I'll tell you about my new to do list system.
So, I love all things to do lists. I don't know if it's because I love the satisfaction of being able to cross things off and feel accomplished or if I get overwhelmed with too many things unless I spell it out or if I just really enjoy making to do lists. Either way, I LOVE them.
But there gets to be a point when you spend so much time making to do lists that you don't actually get anything done. Which is rather counterproductive. So I've simplified my life by creating 2 types of lists. The long to do list and the short list. The long list is a bunch of things I want to/need to do. Whether it is an arts and crafts project from pinterest or a blog or hemming pants or planning meals or grocery shopping or cooking or running or laundry or emptying the dishwasher (yep, that made the list...) I just put them all on one long list. I'm not interested in checking things off that list just yet, it is just to help me remember things that I want to do.
But every morning (sometimes the night before, sometimes not until my metro ride to work) I create a daily to do list. 3 things. That's it. Just 3 things I want to complete (usually after work, sometimes at lunch) that day. I start with things that need to get done or that are already in my calendar (Running, dinner with friends, Bible Study) and then add smaller projects (baking cookies for work, one craft project, hemming pants).
So far (This system has been in place for about 4 days) it's worked great. Don't believe me? Here's a list of what I did this week.
Monday
- Dinner with Taylor (I brought leftover Curried Chicken and Brown Rice)
- Bible Study
- Pick Laura up from the Airport
- Run 2-4 miles (Part of the new training program I just started for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. I went 3.5)
- Intern Bible Study
- Empty dishwasher (I usually don't have to add things like this, but it had been 3 days!)
- Add songs to iPhone and iPod nano (so I can finally use it on my runs)
- I also tried a BUNCH of new hairstyles and found some I really like...
- Run 3-5 miles - Intervals (I went 4.5 and nearly DIED)
- Grocery Shopping (which then led to a complete overhall and reorganization of everything in my cupboard when I discovered MULTIPLES of different things, like 3 bottles of BBQ sauce...who needs 3 bottles?!? Not me. And never again with my new system I'll explain in a later post.)
- Make Nutella No Bake Cookies (oh my goodness, if you haven't tried these, then you NEED TO)
- Cut up fruit and veggies for snacks (Strawberries, Pineapple, Celery)
- Run 2-4 miles (3.5 and it was easier than day 1. But I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day)
- Cook dinner (Pan Girlled Ginger-Honey Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan - which makes my subscription to Cooking Light SO worth it)
- Bake Chai Tea Gingerbread Bars (Ok, so this wasn't on my list, but I ended up doing it anyways)
- Hem Pants (well, I got one of 2 pairs hemmed)
- Cut up Jicama (I LOVE IT)
- Paint nails (this wasn't on my daily list, but I was in such a productive move I decided to do it anyways)
- Dinner with Friends
- Arcadia (my favorite play!)
- Update Blogs
So for now I leave you with a few images of what you have to look forward to in the posts ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment