Friday, February 8, 2013

From Dirty to Delightful-Grimy to Gorgeous (or how I cleaned my kitchen)

When I was little, one of my favorite things to do at home or my grandma's house was sit on the kitchen floor and use a wet paper towel to clean up dirt marks on the floor. I know that sounds really strange, but I love watching things go from dirty to clean. It's probably one of the reason I always enjoyed infomercials so  much. I know, I was a strange child (although come on, that has to be every mother's dream).

I'm not really sure that has changed much though...

Before I moved out of my last apartment, I decided to give things a good clean. We had had lots of different instances involving mice and I wanted to clean back behind the fridge and stove to ensure there were no mice or nests left.

This is what I started with...






 Now if that isn't the most disgusting thing I've ever seen...I don't know what is. (PS the green is some sort of mouse poison I think.) There is something gross that at some point was dripping down the wall. There is so much dirt and grime I wasn't even sure where to start. But I swept and scrubbed and after a lot of elbow grease and holding my breath, This is how it looked at the end of a couple hours...




 Now it's definitely not perfect, but its about 3000% percent better! It didn't all come off the wall or the floor, but I'd say I got about 90% of it. And while it was disgusting...I have to admit I also thought it was a little fun. I love watching things going from dirty to clean.

And I may or may not keep these photos on my phone just to look at them and admire my handiwork every once in a while (even if I don't live there anymore...)

No comments:

Post a Comment