Friday, February 8, 2013

I forget, have we met?

Well it's been a while! I've been a little busy with all my domestic adventuring. I moved, which gave me lots of opportunities for new crafts and organization and even some new cooking ideas. And thanks to pinterest, and a little placed called Community Forklift, I have more projects and ideas than ever! It's a little overwhelming to be honest. But also really fun and exciting at the same time. So what have I been up to? Well, I'll give you a little sample of all the craziness that has taken place since last March.

  1. Cleaned behind the fridge and stove of my old apt (This was amazing!)
  2. Yarn Wrapped Letters
  3. Old Re-purposed Shutters 
  4. Lots of gourmet meals (ok, not gourmet, but new meals)
  5. Spray paint (Including a gem called CHALKBOARD Spraypaint. It's amazing).
  6. Old door into headboard
  7. Kitchen cabinet into nightstand
  8. Christmas decorations (new house, new decorations)
  9. Festive Fall Wreath
  10. Painting Class
  11. Fancy New desserts
  12. Coffee beans and Vanilla Candles (a scent that can do no wrong)
  13. Kitchen Organization 
  14. Some sewing attempts (not as many as I would have liked though...)
  15. The start of a window seat
  16. Organized stairs
  17. The perfect DIY wedding gift
  18. Frame Art
  19. State art (because who doesn't love everything in the shape of the state of Minnesota)
  20. Knitting attempts
  21. More (failed) meal planning attempts
Maybe that's it? It sort of felt like I'd done more in the last year...but I guess not. There are probably a number of started but unfinished projects too...So hopefully blogging again will help me stay motivated to finish some of these projects. But I've been busy. Really busy. I started taking classes again, which is fun (I know, school - fun? But it's true! I LOVE my Career Counseling class!) But that is beside the point. Between Bible Studys (2) and class and friends and a boyfriend, I have little to no time to do anything! Not true, I have plenty of time. But I'm also training for a half marathon...so...less time I guess. I just need to get better at organizing/being productive with my time. And still balancing that will taking time to rest and pray and spend time in God's word. Because that is really the most important thing but the thing I am so quick to ignore. 

Anyway. Balance. That is what it is all about. So I'm hoping to get things done, learn to say no, and honor the Lord with my time. In the meantime, I'll blog about some of the things that I've done the past year, and add photos so the blog is a little more interesting. In the meantime, here is a picture of my chubby baby sister:


No comments:

Post a Comment