Since then I've even had requests for more! So I thought I'd post some photos of what I did, so that I don't forget if I need to make them again!
This one was for my momma.
| Supplies are pretty simple. Fabric, lining, rotary cutter, thread, and fabric. |
| And my machine of course. |
Flat Iron Case
Lay the fabric right sides together on top of the lining. I think I used pieces that were 17" x 15", but it would totally depend on the size of your curling iron/flat iron.
I pinned it all the way around. And then you sew it together, leaving an opening large enough to flip it inside out.
Trim the edges so it's nice and smooth.
Fold the bottom third up and pin it in place. Sew from the base of one fold all the way around to the next.
At this point, I added the ribbon and sew over that so it's attached.
And there you go. You have a flat iron case with a ribbon to tie it.
It's the perfect size for my curling iron.
I can put it in while it's still hot.
And fold it up so it's ready to go.
Useful and adorable.
The matching Cosmetic Bag
Start with fabric and fusible lining (to make it a little bit more stiff)
Iron the lining to the fabric.
Sew the right sides together with the zipper inside. Do the same thing to the other side of the zipper.
Sew from one end of the zipper to the other.
Trim and finish the edges. I used a zigzag stitch since I don't own a serger...yet.
Turn it inside out and there you have it. A flat iron case and matching cosmetic bag.
That all your friends are sure to love.
This is the fabric I got for B...I hope she likes it...




No comments:
Post a Comment