Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nesting

So I have been in my new house since April, and with one roommate moving out and taking a lot of decorations and furniture with her, I decided it was finally time to settle in. So that meant scouring pinterest for lots of cute ideas and heading to Goodwill and multiple craft stores to get my projects started. I am SO EXCITED about some of them.

One of the first things I did? Organize the kitchen cabinets of course! That included the Dollar Store and matching containers, labels, and lots of pretty organization. One roomie is Gluten free which means you don't just have white flour and whole wheat flour, you have almond flour, tapioca  corn meal, coconut flour, rice flour. Basically, if you can grind it up and cook with it, she owns it. The hard part is they come in plastic bags that can't be resealed.

So when we took everything out of the cabinet, this is the mess we were left with. Bags and containers and a hot mess of disorganization.

So after a trip to the Dollar Store, I came home with 20! containers. Blue (Gluten Free Flours) and White (Gluten filled Flours). Most of the small flour bags we had fit PERFECTLY in the containers I bought. The sugar and bigger flours were put in larger canister. To keep things straight I used black address labels, with the intention of finding or making better ones. Below you will see some of them stacked together.

Excuse the poor lighting in the picture, but I was using my iPhone and it was at night. I put all the Gluten free stuff on the left and the remaining flours, sugars, mixes on the right. The bottom shelf is reserved for sprinkles, cupcake liners, cookie cutters, and chocolates. And the coffee grinder.


And I had to take a picture of the table all cleaned off. So pretty.

And of course I instagrammed a shot of my handiwork.

I wasn't quite done though. I bought some oval labels at Staples and using their online computer program printed out pretty labels. One for the lid and one for the container.

Here's a sample of one of them.


Not to be outdone, I had to add labels (of the Chalkboard variety of course) To our canisters that sit on our counter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment