Friday, November 18, 2011

My Best Friend is Getting Married - Let's make it rain!

So as Maid of Honor for the lovely K, one of my duties is to plan a Bridal Shower, which is coming up THIS Sunday. Now anyone who knows me knows that I love to plan this, but this has been harder than any other event I've planned. I just feel like I've been behind on it from the beginning. It's going to be a Tea party which is PERFECT for her, but I feel like it's lacking something a bit more...fun.

The Menu:
  • Scones 
  • Fruit
  • Muffins
  • Veggie Tray
  • Michigan Salad 
  • Tea Sandwiches
  • Russian Tea Cakes
  • Crackers and Cheese
  • Tea
  • Lemonade
The Color scheme is simple: White, Silver, Purple.
There will be White and purple flowers (I think).
And Tissue paper pom poms a la Martha Stewart in shades of purple, white and silver (if I can manage to figure out HOW to make them...Photo pending...)

I have the food, and the speaker ready. I think I'm going to bring Thank you cards for the women to address so K doesn't have to do that.

But I feel like there's something missing. Some pizazz or a game or something. It's K after all. A little crazy, a lot of fun. There needs to be SOMETHING Chilean or Spanish involved, right?

Stay Tuned...

I'VE GOT IT! SOPAIPILLAS! We ate them a lot in Chile and they are delicious and perfect for an Once! I'll sprinkle them with powdered sugar and it will be just the addition to make it more Chilean!

No comments:

Post a Comment