Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweater Pillow

So our couch has been pillowless for over a year. I bought a bunch of fabric and pillows, made 1 purple pillow (was trying a ruched technique that failed-epically) and the rest are sitting on our couch their boring white selves.

So when I came across this tutorial in a blog, I knew I just had to try it. I mean, who doesn't love the idea of a sweater pillow? ESPECIALLY in winter. The only problem is that the cover isn't removable, so the pillows would be permanently sweater themed.

I kind of think I'm ok with that-although it might make washing them a little bit difficult. But hey, I have a bunch of extra sweaters, so I might as well try, and if it's a complete failure, well... I highly doubt anything could fail more than my Martha Stewartesque attempt at "textured" pillows. She makes it seem so easy -it's not.

And this is great, because the sweater already has built in texture! I bet I could even use an ARGYLE sweater. Oh my goodness, I just got a whole lot more excited about this project!
I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment