Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roommate Dinner: Pork Loin Chops with Cinnamon Apples

Last night I cooked the Pork Loin Chops with Cinnamon Apples and sides of roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes with a Cabernet Sauvignon. It was quite the elegant and classy meal. The pork was a little dry, but I liked the contrast of the sage on the pork with the sweet cinnamon apples. It could have been a little bit more saucy though. Maybe if I had added some apple cider to the apples or some apple sauce or preserves? I'm not sure. I'll probably try it again sometime. It might even work with chicken, I think chicken gets less dry than pork when you pan fry it. Or I wonder how this dish would taste if I made it in a crock pot? Lots of things I could try I guess.

Mashed potatoes were bland. And overcooked. And the wrong kind of potato. So all around, this dish did not work.

The asparagus was great though. I marinated it in olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper for about an hour before I cooked it. I usually like to do it overnight, but I wasn't prepared enough in advance. Still, it turned out and was cooked perfectly.

At least it looked good. :)



Make again? I'd say yes. Although scrap the mashed potatoes.

The best part? Leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment