Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving as a real grown up.

So I went home for Thanksgiving and did indeed bring a pie on the plane with me. That's right, I made an apple pie from SCRATCH and then used a round cake carrier to bring it on the plane with me back to Minnesota. Everyone was surprised and also a little impressed (I think). The pie turned out great. Comments: I could have added more cinnamon or cooked it longer. I think I'll add more apples next time, because they cooked down a lot more than i anticipated. But overall it was a great first attempt at making a pie by myself. And look at how beautiful it turned out!
 
I think it looks a little better uncooked. Look at those edges!
 Golden Brown. Perfection.

 I also was able to bake the Sweet Potato Casserole and made some Roasted Parmesan Green Beans that were a HUGE hit. I like this whole learning to cook and growing up thing.

I also cooked dinner for my mom and Gramma one night. I made my famous Lemon Apricot Chicken with Apple/Pear and Mint Salad. They loved it. Gramma even went back for seconds! That's when you know you've finally made it big. 
 

Apple, Pear, Mint Salad
Apricot Lemon Chicken
Making momma proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment