Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in DC!

So last year was my first Christmas in my own apartment (as opposed to dorms and such) so my roommate and I got a tree and lights and wreath and all sorts of decorations. The works. That was actually the first real Christmas Tree L had even gotten in her entire life! Can you imagine, never growing up with a real tree? You miss out on the smell and the mess and the whole real tree thing. So we decided to go to Home Depot and shrink wrap a tree to Frank (my Sonata) to drive him home.

This year we went the more expensive but easier route. We walked the mile to Eastern Market to pick out a smaller tree and carried it all the way home. That's city life for you I suppose. Anyways, the tree was $40 and personally I think it would have been cheaper/easier to just go back to Home Depot but I guess this is all part of the experience of living on Capitol Hill.

So we got the tree set up, added the lights and ornaments we got last year. Hung up our stockings, put lights around the spiral staircase, listened to some Christmas tunes, drank hot chocolate and baked Christmas cookies (that did not really turn out so well.) Needless to say it's going to be a very festive Christmas yet again. I'm looking forward to enjoying all of this for another month still!

Our little tree.

Ornaments. Our theme is gold and read-clearly.
Our initialed ornaments.

The finished product!
Our front door. I think it's pretty welcoming.


 Merry Christmas! You are welcome to stop by anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment