Thursday, December 8, 2011

Roommate Dinner: Spicy Sausage and White Bean Stew

I think I liked this meal. It resulted in dinner for me and L as well as lunch Wednesday and Thursday for me.

I used a Chicken Sausage instead of regular sausage to make it a little healthier. It was still 10 points though.

I love making things in the crock pot, it really does make life so much easier.

I sauteed the olive oil, garlic, onions and sausage on Monday night then threw it in the crock pot along with the chicken stock, white wine, rinsed white means, and dried thyme and put it in the fridge overnight. So when I got up in the morning, all I had to do was put the pot back in the crock (is that what they are even called?) and turned it on low.

When I got home and we were ready to eat, I tossed in some spinach and stirred it just long enough for the leaves to wilt.

While it didn't look that appetizing, it sure tasted good. I might try this one again, but maybe try a different kind of sausage.

Seriously, it tastes MUCH better than it looks.


RECIPE (from learnvest.com):
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup leftover white wine
Two 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups tightly packed spinach leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment